Synteras—Delivering Positive Outcomes for the Federal
Government and our Shareholders
Synteras is an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) 8(a) small disadvantaged business and a subsidiary of Qivliq—a NANA company. With $1.3 billion in FY09 revenues and over 8,500 employees worldwide, NANA is ranked #47 on Washington Technology’s list of 2009 Top Prime Federal Government contractors.
NANA was formed as part of the 1971 Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA), which created a pool of capital—owned and controlled by Alaska natives—that has been utilized to make strategic investments in resources, infrastructure and corporations to support and enrich the lives of NANA’s 12,000+ Inupiat shareholders in northwest Alaska.
Synteras profits are returned to the community we support:
- Protecting & enhancing vital resources
- Improving education via scholarships & internships
- Providing vocational training & business leadership
- Promoting healthy communities & supporting Inupiat culture
- Maximizing economic growth for the people of the NANA region